Sunday, October 7, 2012

General Conference

General conference is now over. I listened with interest to the many talks and the few announcements. Here is what I noticed:

The word "revelation" was not used to describe the change to missionary age requirements during the conference.

Immediately following the Saturday morning session where President Monson made the announcement, there was a press conference. The press conference was conducted by Elder Holland and Elder Nelson. In the conference the words used, if my memory is correct, were "revelatory process."

The only other speaker that I recall mentioning the process was Elder Cook. The word he used was either "inspired" or "inspiration." Again, I am just going from memory.

As a result of the foregoing, the conclusion I find the most interesting is that Elder Nelson was willing to use the word "revelation" in meetings with stake presidents and mission presidents, but did not use that word in the press conference. It is interesting to me that a much stronger word would be used in private meetings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Say You?