Saturday, September 25, 2010

Comment Chaos

It has become apparent that this has changed in the last week from a teaching blog into a discussion blog.  As a result, comments are now disabled.  There won't be any comments on this blog from now on.  Existing comments will not be taken down; but no new ones will be added.

As the next few verses are discussed, it will become apparent that adding or deleting from the doctrine of Christ is forbidden.  I cannot, in good conscience, violate the very doctrine I am expounding even as I expound upon it.

It is true that this blog has never vouched for the reliability or accuracy of comments made by others.  It is also true that I have freely allowed criticism against me to be published without any defense or challenge to the critics.  The decision has nothing to do with criticism of me.  It has to do with the fact that the overall content of this blog has become primarily comments and distantly the things I have been interested in explaining or teaching.  As the posts become dwarfed by the comments, the whole purpose of this blog is compromised.