Thursday, April 15, 2010

Mark Twain

Mark Twain had a greater influence on my childhood development than any other writer.  Here are a few of his quotes:
 
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble.  It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
 
"Loyalty to petrified opinion never broke a chain or freed a human soul."
 
"It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction.  Fiction has to make sense."
 
Benjamin Franklin and Mark Twain gave Americans their sense of humor.  Whether you've ever read anything written by them or not, they form the underlying basis for our American humor.  Deep inside all their wit lies the truth.

2 comments:

  1. Here is one of my favorites. Its funny because it is true or was true for me anyway.
    Tim

    Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I've done it thousands of times.
    Mark Twain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark Twain lost me when he bad mouthed the Book of Mormon.

    ReplyDelete

What Say You?